Sunday, March 7, 2010

Storms The Soul

Within contains a torrent,
Uncontrolled the lashing current.

Constant churning from beneath,
Ever rising from the deep.

Stirring high above the sail,
Comes forcefully the gale.

The mast with groans of fright,
Moans while blanketed in night.

Gigantic walls of sea extend,
Before the crushing fist of wind.

As rocks tear at the keel,
I gripped hopelessly the wheel.

I cried out for One to save,
From the torment of the wave.

The Sovereign mighty hand,
Stretched out to rescue man.

My voice in desperate shrill
And God said peace be still.

To His word the winds obey
And calm the frantic sway.

Undeserving favor sought
And my worthless soul was bought.

"May you my compass be?"
And "Chart my course", my plea.

Even though the storms may roll,
Your the Captain of my soul.

Amy Rainey
2/4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment